Aadhaar Card, the unique identification number issued by the Indian government, is an essential document that serves as proof of identity and address. It is a 12-digit unique number that is issued to all residents of India, including NRIs and OCI cardholders.
The Aadhaar card contains crucial details like name, address, photograph, date of birth, gender, and biometric data. It also includes the name of the father or guardian of the individual, which is an essential part of the identification process. However, there may be instances where one needs to change the father’s name on their Aadhaar card.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing the father’s name on the Aadhaar card.
Reasons for Changing Father’s Name in Aadhaar Card
There can be various reasons for changing the father’s name on the Aadhaar card. Some of the common reasons are:
- Name Change: If your father has changed his name due to any reason, you may want to change the name on your Aadhaar card as well.
- Father’s Death: If your father has passed away, you may want to change the name on your Aadhaar card to your mother’s name.
- Incorrect Name: If there is an error in your father’s name on your Aadhaar card, you may want to correct it.
- Adoption: If you have been adopted, you may want to change your father’s name on your Aadhaar card to your adoptive father’s name.
Steps to Change Father’s Name in Aadhaar Card
Changing the father’s name on the Aadhaar card can be done both online and offline. Here are the steps for both methods:
Step 1: Visit the UIDAI website: The first step is to visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) at www.uidai.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on Update Aadhaar Details: On the homepage of the website, you will find an option called ‘Update Aadhaar Details.’ Click on it.
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar Number: You will be directed to a new page where you need to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the security code displayed on the screen. After that, click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
Step 4: Enter OTP: An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on the ‘Login’ button.
Step 5: Select Field to Update: You will be directed to a new page where you need to select the field that you want to update, which in this case is the ‘Name’ field.
Step 6: Enter New Name: Enter the new name that you want to update in the ‘Name’ field. Make sure to spell the name correctly, and it should match the name on your other identity documents.
Step 7: Upload Supporting Documents: You will be asked to upload supporting documents that validate the change in your father’s name. The supporting documents can be a marriage certificate, an affidavit, or any other document that proves the change in name.
Step 8: Submit Request: Once you have uploaded the supporting documents, click on the ‘Submit’ button. Your request for a change in your father’s name will be processed by the UIDAI, and you will receive an acknowledgement slip.
Step 1: Download the Update/Correction Form: The first step is to download the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form from the UIDAI website. You can download the form by clicking on the ‘Download Aadhaar Update/Correction Form’ link on the homepage.
Step 2: Fill the Form: Fill the form with the required details, including your name, Aadhaar number, and the details of the correction that you want to make.
Step 3: Provide Supporting Documents: Attach the supporting documents that validate the change in your father’s name. Make sure to attach the original documents, as well as a self-attested copy of each document.
Step 4: Submit the Form: After filling out the form and attaching the supporting documents, submit the form to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. You can find the nearest centre by visiting the UIDAI website and selecting the ‘Locate Enrolment/Update Centre’ option.
Step 5: Collect Acknowledgement Slip: After submitting the form, you will receive an acknowledgement slip. The slip will contain the Update Request Number (URN), which can be used to check the status of your request.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
While changing the father’s name on the Aadhaar card, there are a few important points that you need to keep in mind:
- Documents Required: You will need to provide supporting documents that validate the change in your father’s name. Make sure to provide original documents, as well as a self-attested copy of each document.
- Name on Other Documents: Make sure that the new name that you want to update on your Aadhaar card matches the name on your other identity documents.
- UIDAI Fees: The UIDAI charges a fee of Rs. 50 for any update or correction in the Aadhaar card. The fee can be paid online through net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Timeline for Update: The UIDAI takes around 90 days to process the request for a change in the Aadhaar card details. You can check the status of your request on the UIDAI website by entering your URN.
Changing the father’s name on the Aadhaar card is a simple process that can be done both online and offline. By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can easily update the father’s name on your Aadhaar card. Make sure to provide all the necessary supporting documents and spell the new name correctly.
In case of any doubts or queries, you can reach out to the UIDAI helpline number or visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Leave a Reply