Online transactions are gaining momentum with advancements in technology. Remote location transactions are also possible with the help of your smartphone and a secure payments app like Google Pay. Needless to say, there are multiple benefits of using mobile money transfer apps. Google Pay is one of the leading online payment systems and digital wallet platforms offered by the technical giant- Google Incorporation. Google Pay was officially released in 2018 after a re-launch from Android Pay that was functional since 2015. UPI ID in Google Pay is further helping to send and receive money safely and quickly.
What is UPI ID?
UPI stands for the Unified Payment Interface that is a quick payment system. It is used to transfer funds between two persons or businesses using a mobile platform only. The credit to develop UPI is given to the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the governing authority of UPI. The address used to accomplish the UPI transactions is UPI ID. It works on modern technology and is processed through a Virtual Payment Address or VPA.
UPI ID in Google Pay:
UPI ID is the address of a person registered on Google Pay. Just like you can send and receive money from your phone number directly, you can do the same with UPI ID. Google Pay is a third-party UPI ID app while BHIM App is the official application of the NPCI. Further, different payment apps like Google Pay and different banks offer different UPI ID apps.
UPI ID in Google pay makes it easy to make different transactions without the fear of doing wrong transactions. Thus, it facilitates the simple and effective functioning using a single UPI ID rather than entire banking details on the payment apps like Google Pay.
How to find my UPI ID in Google Pay?
Are you new to Google Pay? If yes, then you may face issues in using the general features of this amazing online payment app. Google Pay is an amazing app that can be sued at multiple places starting from local shops to big retail shops.
Not to miss are the endless rewards that you get with every transaction made using UPI ID. Many users get rewards up to 1,00,000 INR straight in their bank accounts. There is no fuss or hassles of mentioning different coupon codes. The entire process is simple by downloading the Google App, adding your details, and start using it seamlessly.
Once, you’re well-versed with the main features of Google Pay, it is time to switch to the UPI ID and its benefits. Many times you may face difficulty in searching your UPI ID that is a single address for making and receiving different payments.
The steps to find your UPI ID in Google Pay are:
- Open the Google Pay app downloaded on your smart device.
- Tap on your photo at the top right corner.
- Tap on the option “bank account.”
- Tap on the selection of the bank accounts that you want to choose.
- You can get the associated UPI ID from the list of “UPI IDs.”
Why do you need to change the UPI ID in Google Pay?
You may be one of the billion users that are using Google Pay to complete online transactions. UPI ID is part of the banking system that offers smooth transfers on different payment apps. Thus, it is an address of the user that identifies the presence of the sender or the acceptor on UPI. There may be different reasons that you may have to change UPI ID in Google Pay:
- You may change your UPI ID in Google Pay if you’re facing regular or irrelevant spam calls regularly. However, it is mandatory to report all these calls separately to the concerned authority, many times the hackers or spammers can get access to your UPI ID that makes them a step closer to access your bank data.
- You may have used your UPI ID on Google Pay to accomplish a transaction that is bound to potential security attacks. It is wise to delete your old UPI ID and change the UPI ID.
- You may have been facing issues in making online transactions using UPI ID in Google Pay. This can be due to multiple technical or non-technical issues. Thus, the simple way is to change your UPI ID in Google Pay.
- There may be other reasons like forgetting the banking details, requirements to switch to a new UPI ID in Google Pay due to personal reasons, etc.
A step-by-step guide to change UPI ID in Google Pay:
The quick steps to change the UPI ID in Google Pay are:
- Go to the Google Pay application on your smart device, like a mobile, tablet, etc.
- You have to go to the option “My Profile.”
- You have to select the name of the bank.
- You have to double-tap on the name of the bank to verify that it is your bank only.
- After double-clicking, a pencil sign or edit sign comes that shows editing options.
- You have to tap on the pencil sign to see the list of options that include the option to change your UPI ID.
- You can simply change your UPI ID.
- You can further, delete your previous UPI ID.
The world is moving to digitization and is leveraging the potential of online transactions. Thus, it is easy and desirable to use modern payment apps like Google Pay. The different functions in Google Pay are easy and can be performed in the blink of a second only. A similar function is the need to change UPI ID in Google Pay that may be due to different requirements. All you need to do is stay vigil and follow the simple steps to change your UPI ID in the Google Pay account. Further, stay extra cautious whenever you’re doing something like managing your online bank or UPI ID details.
Leave a Reply